Monday, March 30, 2020

Trying

Once I was 17, trying to grow up.
Once I was 16, trying to write poems.
Once I was 15, trying to find my passion.
Once I was 14, trying to understand.
Once I was 13, trying to make friends.
Once I was 12, trying to please her.
Once I was 11, trying to find stories.
Once I was 10, trying to learn games.
Once I was 9, trying to know pain.
Once I was 8, trying to find the one.
Once I was 7, trying to fit in.
Once I was 6, trying to play captain.
Once I was 5, trying to find my way.
Once I was 4 through 1, but I am no longer.

person wearing red hooded jacket sitting on brown and black wooden sea dock near mountains under gray sky during daytime

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I love this style! I'm a sucker for poetic repetition. I love the story you tell and the feelings you reveal. WHY MUST YOU WRITE SO WELL!!! >-<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty of people who write better than I

      Marysa's better at poetry, Ash's better at stories- and those are just two examples

      Delete
    2. They are good, yes, but your poem style is one of my inspirations and personal favorite to read.

      Delete
  2. Wowowowowowow, I absolutely adore this poem and the imagery within it! :O It makes me feel as if I'm traveling back in time.

    ReplyDelete